The Denver Hospice is the only hospice in Denver to earn Level 4 status in the “We Honor Veterans” campaign, a joint program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration.
Nearly 30 percent of our patients are military veterans. We are proud to be recognized for our commitment and dedication to those who served our country.
The We Honor Veterans program ensures each veteran is appreciated and has access to quality end-of-life care. Veterans often have special needs and we provide specialized support by addressing their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs to improve quality of life.
Highlights of our program include:
- The Bill Daniels Veterans Wing of The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry featuring the Wall of Honor recognizing veterans for their service
- Award a Certificate of Appreciation honoring years of military service
- Help veterans and families access their veteran’s benefits
- Collaborate with the VA Medical Center and Regional Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of our veterans
- Provide continuing education for our staff and volunteers to enhance care of our veterans
- Offer a Veterans Helping Veterans volunteer program to share experiences and receive
A person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable may qualify for VA health care benefits. Veterans are eligible to receive a number of benefits supported by the Department of Veterans Association.
Learn more about Veterans Benefits at wehonorveterans.org.