The Denver Hospice recognizes that everybody grieves in their own ways. We have a variety of support groups available throughout the year as well as individual counseling. If
you would like to sign up for a class or talk to a grief center representative, please contact us:
Grief Support - At A Glance
Click on a group below to see group meeting dates, descriptions and testimonials.
Grief Education – Presentations geared toward education about grief, open to adults who have experienced the death of a family member or friend.
Newly Bereaved Support Group
– Our safe, structured four-week support group for adults who have experienced a death loss in the last three or four months.
Going Through Grief Group
- Educational six-week group for adults grieving any significant death in the last three or four months.
Creative Arts Group
– This six-week support group for adults uses art, writing and other creative tools for expressing feelings and working through grief and loss.
Young Widow/Widower Group
- A four-week course designed for newly bereaved individuals who have recently suffered the loss of a partner or spouse
Writing Through Grief Group
- A six-week support group designed for those who want to become more comfortable using writing as a tool for exploring, expressing and facilitating their grief journey.
Special Focus Grief Group
- Throughout the year we will be offering a variety of special interest grief groups including Healing Gardens Retreat, Spanish Language Support Group, Summer Self Care, etc.
Children and Teen Support
– The Footprints Children's Grief Center offers "anticipatory grief support" to children while loved ones are ill and individual counseling following the loss. Judi's House provides grief support groups for children and families.
If the location, dates, or times of our grief support services make it difficult for you to attend,
please contact us for information about community grief support resources near you.