How Do I Know If Grief Counseling Is For Me?
Grief counseling is as individual as each person and you may not know what you need.
Our counselors are trained to understand what you’re going through and can help you focus on what matters most.
Here are some grief counseling themes they may explore with you in your healing process:
- Working through anger or guilt that just won’t go away or resolving unfinished business
- Expressing and untangling your emotions
- Finding ways to memorialize the person who died – to remember them in special ways
- Exploring your new identity – “Who am I without my loved one?”
- Finding ways to communicate with family and friends who may not understand your grief or may be grieving differently
- Identifying support needs and expanding your support system
- Learning to be gentle with yourself – to take care of your body, mind and spirit
How Do I Get Started?
Counselors are available at The Denver Hospice Grief Center 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to answer your questions and schedule an appointment. Call 303-321-2828. Counseling is available from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
During your first three sessions your grief counselor will:
- Listen - hear your story and get to know you
- Provide information about the grief process
- Assess what you need
- Help you develop a grief support plan to meet your needs
After your third session, you may choose to continue individual counseling, join a support group, or rely on your day-to-day support system – whatever best fits your needs.
How Much Does Individual Counseling Cost?
The first three sessions with your grief counselor are free to family and friends of patients of The Denver Hospice. After the third session, the fee is $65 per one-hour session.
The Denver Hospice Grief Center is also open to the community, offering grief counseling for $80 per one-hour session.
We do not accept insurance at this time but your grief counselor will provide a receipt each time you visit that may be submitted for possible payment by your insurance plan. Sliding scale fees are available in cases of need.