We Honor Veterans
The Denver Hospice is the first hospice in Denver to earn Level 4 status in We Honor Veterans, a joint program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration.
With 30 percent of our patients military veterans, we are proud to be recognized for our commitment and dedication to those who served our country.
Whether they saw combat or served during a time of peace, each veteran has a story to tell. Our We Honor Veterans program ensures each veteran is appreciated and has access to quality end-of-life care. We provide specialized comfort and support to veterans by addressing their physical, emotional, and psychological needs to improve their quality of life.
Highlights of our We Honor Veterans program include:
- Help accessing Veterans Administration and other benefits
- Certificates of Appreciation given to each veteran
- A Wall of Honor in the Veterans Lounge of our Inpatient Care Center at Lowry featuring veterans photos, military branch and years of service
- The Bill Daniels Veterans Wing of The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry
- Collaboration with the VA Medical Center and Regional Department of Veterans Affairs
- A review of each patient’s military history by a chaplain of The Denver Hospice
- Continuing education for staff who care for veterans
- A Veterans Helping Veterans volunteer program
- Veterans Day and Memorial Day celebrations at the State Veterans Nursing Home at Fitzsimmons
- Presentations on veterans issues, programs and services of The Denver Hospice
- Participation in the Aurora Veterans Salute and the Women Veterans of Colorado Annual Conference and other events in our community
The Denver Hospice is recognized as a Level 4 Partner by The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and Veterans Affairs.
For more information on our veterans programs contact Maria Kallas, Veterans Liaison at The Denver Hospice -- 720-271-1555; email@example.com