Since 1978, The Denver Hospice has been a leader in hospice and palliative care in the nine-county metro area we serve. We offer a range of services to you, your patients and their families in keeping with our mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion and expertise.
Here is what you can expect from The Denver Hospice…
Expert care in pain and symptom management: Our high quality care and early recognition and management of each patient’s symptoms ensure comfort and reduced stress for your patients, their families and you. Our nurses are experts in symptom management, achieving 100% in pain management testing as a core competency.
24-hour/7-day-a-week availability: Your call will reach a nurse or hospice professional who has immediate access to your patients’ clinical records. Home visits are available whenever necessary to ensure safe, high quality care and assurance for your patients and their families.
Same-day admissions: Your patient is admitted on the day you refer them to our care. We coordinate all aspects of your patient’s admission plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and their families.
A dedicated team to support you: Your team is customized to meet your patients’ needs based on their community setting. Your team includes:
- Nurse Case Manager: The Nurse is present at each care conference to assure care plan coordination and accurate documentation.
- Accredited Physician: Your team will include a Physician board-certified in hospice and palliative care.
- Chaplain support: Your team will have a chaplain available based on a patient’s spiritual and cultural needs to provide support and memorial services as requested.
- Psycho-Social support: Social workers and grief counselors supplement your team to provide support to your families and their loved ones; and to your staff.
Educational resources: Through our Community Connect program, you have educational programs available to you and your staff seeking community education, clinical education or grief services to meet your needs.
For our partners at skilled nursing and assisted living facilities you have:
Special programs: By partnering with you in resident care planning, such as advanced wound care management, we help you keep your residents in your community.
Experienced survey support: The Denver Hospice has staff with significant long-term care experience, including survey assistance, who support your staff during a survey, in person at your community.
Why choose The Denver Hospice?
- More patients have turned to us than any other hospice in the region. We have served more than 64,000 patients and their families.
- The largest volunteer staff in the western region. We have over 480 volunteers who provide more than 35,000 hours of service annually.
- Expert veteran support. We are the only hospice in the Denver area to achieve Level 4, the highest level, in the “We Honor Veterans” program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration. We serve the VA Medical Center and State Veterans Nursing Home.
- Comprehensive care for every spiritual need. We are one of only a select few hospices in the nation accredited by the National Institute for Jewish Hospice.
- Integrated Eden-at-home philosophy.
- We have in-house Eden Educators and are committed to teaching our staff the Eden-at-home philosophy.
- Core values that have not changed since our founding. We are an independent, community-based, not-for-profit healthcare provider committed to providing hospice care to all those in need.